Learn more about the ways wealth can be transferred.
Topics and Learning Objectives
- Identify income streams and expenses.
- Classify and bucket expenses that highlight needs and wants.
- Create a budget by taking an inventory of income and expenses.
- Develop a sound budget based on needs-savings, living costs, and wants.
- Apply strategies to monitor and keep to their personal budget.
Only about one third of Americans create and maintain a budget – are you one of them? A budget can help you stay on top of your finances by helping you plan where your money will go instead of wondering where it went.
This short lesson will help you learn more about how to:
- Identify your income sources as well as your expenses
- Create a new budget or reevaluate an existing one
- Apply strategies to monitor your spending and stick to your budget
Post on Twitter
Want to create a budget or looking to update your current one? Try these tips to ensure you’re staying on top of your financial goals: [INSERT LINK]
Post on Facebook/LinkedIn
Do you run out of money before the end of the month? Create a budget so you know where your money is going instead of wondering where it went. Learn how to track your expenses and use our method to calculate a budget that is best for your needs: [INSERT LINK]
Turnkey graphics to promote this topic. Includes course screenshots, lifestyle images, and the topic’s icon.
- 401(K) Plans
- 529 Plans
- Becoming A Financial Caregiver
- Benefits of a Credit Union
- Building Emergency Savings
- Buying a Home
- Car Loans
- Certificates Of Deposit (CDs)
- Checking Accounts
- Considering Homeownership
- Creating A Budget
- Credit Cards
- Credit Scores And Reports
- Debt Management
- Developing A Business Plan
- Estate Planning
- Expectations Of A Financial Caregiver
- Family Conversations About Money
- FIRE Lifestyle
- Health Savings Accounts
- Healthy Financial Habits
- How Businesses Obtain Credit
- How Businesses Use Credit
- Identity Protection
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Investment Property
- Mindful Living
- Mobile And Online Banking
- Mortgage Relief
- Paying For College
- Planning For A Financial Caregiver
- Planning For Retirement
- Prepaid Cards
- Preventing Elder Financial Abuse
- Preventing Overdraft Fees
- Reporting Elder Financial Abuse
- Reverse Mortgages
- Savings Accounts
- Shopping For Insurance
- Small Business Banking Services
- Small Business Financial Statements
- Sustainable Investing
- Taxes: The Basics
- Understanding Your Student Loan
- Wealth Transfer
- When To Collect Social Security