Learn more about the ways wealth can be transferred.
Topics and Learning Objectives
- Describe how credit cards work and their benefits.
- Choose credit cards that best fit both their financial goals and lifestyle.
- Identify the possible risks associated with misusing credit cards.
- Make optimal spending and payment decisions to reduce fees and speed time to payoff.
- Describe the relationship between credit cards and credit scores.
83% of adults in the US have at least one credit card. A credit card can be a great financial tool with many benefits, but its important that consumers also understand the consequences if they don’t use their cards responsibly.
Review this topic to learn more about:
- How credit cards work
- The benefits and risks of credit cards
- How credit card use influences your credit score
Post on Twitter
Make sure you are using your credit card responsibly! Learn more about how they work and the benefits and costs: [INSERT LINK]
Post on Facebook/LinkedIn
A credit card is one of many payment options you have, and they can even offer valuable benefits! But before you open a new credit card account, be sure to learn more about how they work, the benefits and costs, and how to manage them responsibly: [INSERT LINK]
Turnkey graphics to promote this topic. Includes course screenshots, lifestyle images, and the topic’s icon.
- 401(K) Plans
- 529 Plans
- Becoming A Financial Caregiver
- Benefits of a Credit Union
- Building Emergency Savings
- Buying a Home
- Car Loans
- Certificates Of Deposit (CDs)
- Checking Accounts
- Considering Homeownership
- Creating A Budget
- Credit Cards
- Credit Scores And Reports
- Debt Management
- Developing A Business Plan
- Estate Planning
- Expectations Of A Financial Caregiver
- Family Conversations About Money
- FIRE Lifestyle
- Health Savings Accounts
- Healthy Financial Habits
- How Businesses Obtain Credit
- How Businesses Use Credit
- Identity Protection
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Investment Property
- Mindful Living
- Mobile And Online Banking
- Mortgage Relief
- Paying For College
- Planning For A Financial Caregiver
- Planning For Retirement
- Prepaid Cards
- Preventing Elder Financial Abuse
- Preventing Overdraft Fees
- Reporting Elder Financial Abuse
- Reverse Mortgages
- Savings Accounts
- Shopping For Insurance
- Small Business Banking Services
- Small Business Financial Statements
- Sustainable Investing
- Taxes: The Basics
- Understanding Your Student Loan
- Wealth Transfer
- When To Collect Social Security