Learn more about how you can create budgeting solutions for you and your family.
Explore the purpose of estate planning and how it may be used to secure your future.
Duration: 5-7 minutes
Topics and Learning Objectives
- Understand the process, documents, and best practices for estate planning and communicating wishes.
- Explain important terms to know in the estate planning process.
- Identify the differences between a will and a trust
- Describe different types of trusts.
- Understand how to contribute to your healthcare choices in case of incapacitation.
- Identify special family considerations during the estate planning process.
- Determine the taxes that may be levied against your estate.
Anyone with assets, dependents, or specific wishes for how they want to be taken care of in old age should consider estate planning. Putting off these decisions can cause unnecessary stress during what is already a difficult time for your loved ones.
Learn how to start planning, with insights around:
- Why you should consider an estate planning strategy
- The differences between wills and trusts and the different options available
- Considerations that should be discussed during the estate planning process
Post on Twitter
Take the time to create an estate plan now to ease the burden of your loved ones later. Learn more about why you should consider estate planning and what to consider in the process: [LINK]
Post on Facebook/LinkedIn
Do you have assets, dependents, or specific wishes for how you want to be taken care of in old age? If so, you should consider creating an estate plan now to ease the burden of your loved ones later. Learn how to get started with building your plan and what to consider in the process: [LINK]
Turnkey graphics to promote this topic. Includes course screenshots, lifestyle images, and the topic’s icon.
- 401(K) Plans
- 529 Plans
- Becoming A Financial Caregiver
- Benefits of a Credit Union
- Budget Hacks: The College Edition
- Budgeting for Families
- Building Emergency Savings
- Buying a Home
- Car Loans
- Certificates Of Deposit (CDs)
- Checking Accounts
- Considering Homeownership
- Creating A Budget
- Credit Cards
- Credit Scores And Reports
- Customer Acquisition and Retention
- Debt Management
- Developing A Business Plan
- Estate Planning
- Expectations Of A Financial Caregiver
- Family Conversations About Money
- Financial Decisions for Your Career Path
- Financial Well-being for Entrepreneurs
- FIRE Lifestyle
- Health Savings Accounts
- Healthy Financial Habits
- How Businesses Obtain Credit
- How Businesses Use Credit
- Identity Protection
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Investment Property
- Managing a Growing Team: Employee Recruitment and Retention
- Mindful Living
- Mobile And Online Banking
- Mortgage Relief
- Obtaining Financing and Funding for Your Small Business
- Opportunities for Women and Minority-Owned Small Businesses
- Overcoming Small Business Financial Hardships
- Paying For College
- Paying Your Student Loans
- Planning For A Financial Caregiver
- Planning For Retirement
- Prepaid Cards
- Preparing for Graduation
- Preventing Elder Financial Abuse
- Preventing Overdraft Fees
- Reporting Elder Financial Abuse
- Reverse Mortgages
- Savings Accounts
- Shopping For Insurance
- Small Business Banking Services
- Small Business Financial Statements
- Sustainable Investing
- Taxes: The Basics
- Understanding Your Student Loan
- Wealth Transfer
- When To Collect Social Security