Learn more about the ways wealth can be transferred.
Topics and Learning Objectives
Learn about the responsibilities of a financial caregiver.
After completing this sequence, learners will be able to:
- Understand the emotional, physical, and mental traits needed to be a financial caregiver.
- List the short- and long-term duties of a financial caregiver.
- Define filial, contractual, and fiduciary caregiving arrangements.
- Describe financial caregiving “best practices.”
- Discuss the needs of self-care for a caregiver.
Being a financial caregiver for a loved one comes with many expectations and demands. In caring and supporting someone else, it’s also important to make sure you are taking care of yourself.
If you’ve been asked to become a financial caregiver, or are considering asking someone to serve as one for you, our course can help you:
- Understand the ideal emotional, physical, and mental traits of a financial caregiver
- Explore different caregiver roles and their associated responsibilities
- Learn about the importance of financial caregivers also practicing self-care
Post on Twitter
Considering becoming a financial caregiver? Make sure you understand the expectations and responsibilities, and the importance of self-care in the process: [LINK]
Post on Facebook/LinkedIn
Turnkey graphics to promote this topic. Includes course screenshots, lifestyle images, and the topic’s icon.
- 401(K) Plans
- 529 Plans
- Becoming A Financial Caregiver
- Benefits of a Credit Union
- Building Emergency Savings
- Buying a Home
- Car Loans
- Certificates Of Deposit (CDs)
- Checking Accounts
- Considering Homeownership
- Creating A Budget
- Credit Cards
- Credit Scores And Reports
- Debt Management
- Developing A Business Plan
- Estate Planning
- Expectations Of A Financial Caregiver
- Family Conversations About Money
- FIRE Lifestyle
- Health Savings Accounts
- Healthy Financial Habits
- How Businesses Obtain Credit
- How Businesses Use Credit
- Identity Protection
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Investment Property
- Mindful Living
- Mobile And Online Banking
- Mortgage Relief
- Paying For College
- Planning For A Financial Caregiver
- Planning For Retirement
- Prepaid Cards
- Preventing Elder Financial Abuse
- Preventing Overdraft Fees
- Reporting Elder Financial Abuse
- Reverse Mortgages
- Savings Accounts
- Shopping For Insurance
- Small Business Banking Services
- Small Business Financial Statements
- Sustainable Investing
- Taxes: The Basics
- Understanding Your Student Loan
- Wealth Transfer
- When To Collect Social Security