Learn more about the ways wealth can be transferred.
Topics and Learning Objectives
Explore the purpose of estate planning and how it may be used to secure your future.
After completing this sequence, learners will be able to:
- Understand the process, documents, and best practices for estate planning and communicating wishes.
- Explain important terms to know in the estate planning process.
- Identify the differences between a will and a trust
- Describe different types of trusts.
- Understand how to contribute to your healthcare choices in case of incapacitation.
- Identify special family considerations during the estate planning process.
- Determine the taxes that may be levied against your estate.
Prepaid cards can be a convenient alternative to cash, credit cards, and debit cards. There are different types of prepaid cards available, and it’s important to do your research before deciding which one is right for you.
Take this short lesson to learn more about:
- What prepaid cards are and how they are used
- The differences between credit, debit, and prepaid cards
- Advantages and disadvantages of using a prepaid card
Post on Twitter
Not everyone has access to a credit or debit card. If you’re one of those people, learn more about why a prepaid card might be a good payment option for you to consider: [LINK]
Post on Facebook/LinkedIn
Are you considering using a prepaid card to help you make cashless payments? If so, it’s important to understand the different types of prepaid cards and the advantages and disadvantages associated with using them. Learn more: [LINK]
Turnkey graphics to promote this topic. Includes course screenshots, lifestyle images, and the topic’s icon.
- 401(K) Plans
- 529 Plans
- Becoming A Financial Caregiver
- Benefits of a Credit Union
- Building Emergency Savings
- Buying a Home
- Car Loans
- Certificates Of Deposit (CDs)
- Checking Accounts
- Considering Homeownership
- Creating A Budget
- Credit Cards
- Credit Scores And Reports
- Debt Management
- Developing A Business Plan
- Estate Planning
- Expectations Of A Financial Caregiver
- Family Conversations About Money
- FIRE Lifestyle
- Health Savings Accounts
- Healthy Financial Habits
- How Businesses Obtain Credit
- How Businesses Use Credit
- Identity Protection
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Investment Property
- Mindful Living
- Mobile And Online Banking
- Mortgage Relief
- Paying For College
- Planning For A Financial Caregiver
- Planning For Retirement
- Prepaid Cards
- Preventing Elder Financial Abuse
- Preventing Overdraft Fees
- Reporting Elder Financial Abuse
- Reverse Mortgages
- Savings Accounts
- Shopping For Insurance
- Small Business Banking Services
- Small Business Financial Statements
- Sustainable Investing
- Taxes: The Basics
- Understanding Your Student Loan
- Wealth Transfer
- When To Collect Social Security