Learn more about the ways wealth can be transferred.
Topics and Learning Objectives
Learn about the benefits of planning for financial caregiving and what you need to get started.
After completing this sequence, learners will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of commonly targeted seniors.
- Describe the perpetrators of elder abuse and the common means of fraud used.
- Discuss the common scams used by perpetrators of fraud.
- Explain what identity theft is, how it occurs, and what its implications are.
- List the consequences of elder financial fraud.
- Implement tips for prevention of elder abuse
- Determine the warning signs of victimization.
Becoming a financial caregiver is an important decision that should not be taken lightly. Do you know what will be expected of you and how to protect yourself? This course will help you understand more about:
- The different ways you can act as a financial caregiver
- Compiling the documents needed to become a financial caregiver
- Understanding the financial decisions that caregivers might be asked to make
Post on Twitter
Interested in becoming a financial caregiver? Learn about the three things you’ll need to do to get started: [LINK]
Post on Facebook/LinkedIn
Turnkey graphics to promote this topic. Includes course screenshots, lifestyle images, and the topic’s icon.
- 401(K) Plans
- 529 Plans
- Becoming A Financial Caregiver
- Benefits of a Credit Union
- Building Emergency Savings
- Buying a Home
- Car Loans
- Certificates Of Deposit (CDs)
- Checking Accounts
- Considering Homeownership
- Creating A Budget
- Credit Cards
- Credit Scores And Reports
- Debt Management
- Developing A Business Plan
- Estate Planning
- Expectations Of A Financial Caregiver
- Family Conversations About Money
- FIRE Lifestyle
- Health Savings Accounts
- Healthy Financial Habits
- How Businesses Obtain Credit
- How Businesses Use Credit
- Identity Protection
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Investment Property
- Mindful Living
- Mobile And Online Banking
- Mortgage Relief
- Paying For College
- Planning For A Financial Caregiver
- Planning For Retirement
- Prepaid Cards
- Preventing Elder Financial Abuse
- Preventing Overdraft Fees
- Reporting Elder Financial Abuse
- Reverse Mortgages
- Savings Accounts
- Shopping For Insurance
- Small Business Banking Services
- Small Business Financial Statements
- Sustainable Investing
- Taxes: The Basics
- Understanding Your Student Loan
- Wealth Transfer
- When To Collect Social Security