Learn more about the ways wealth can be transferred.
Topics and Learning Objectives
Learn what steps to take to report suspected elder financial abuse.
After completing this sequence, learners will be able to:
- Define financial abuse.
- List common warning signs of financial abuse.
- List the steps to take before reporting.
- Name the various resources and supports available to targets.
- Discuss how to react to identity theft.
- Identify the rights and responsibilities of financial institutions in reporting.
Elder financial abuse is a widespread epidemic that, too often, goes unreported. Do you know how to spot common signs of elder financial fraud and what to do if you discover it?
This course will help you:
- Understand financial abuse and be able to identify warning signs
- Discover resources and support available for victims
- Identify the rights and responsibilities of financial institutions in reporting
Post on Twitter
Don’t be taken advantage of! Learn how to spot common signs of elder financial abuse and the steps to take if you or someone you know is affected: [LINK]
Post on Facebook/LinkedIn
Turnkey graphics to promote this topic. Includes course screenshots, lifestyle images, and the topic’s icon.
- 401(K) Plans
- 529 Plans
- Becoming A Financial Caregiver
- Benefits of a Credit Union
- Building Emergency Savings
- Buying a Home
- Car Loans
- Certificates Of Deposit (CDs)
- Checking Accounts
- Considering Homeownership
- Creating A Budget
- Credit Cards
- Credit Scores And Reports
- Debt Management
- Developing A Business Plan
- Estate Planning
- Expectations Of A Financial Caregiver
- Family Conversations About Money
- FIRE Lifestyle
- Health Savings Accounts
- Healthy Financial Habits
- How Businesses Obtain Credit
- How Businesses Use Credit
- Identity Protection
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Investment Property
- Mindful Living
- Mobile And Online Banking
- Mortgage Relief
- Paying For College
- Planning For A Financial Caregiver
- Planning For Retirement
- Prepaid Cards
- Preventing Elder Financial Abuse
- Preventing Overdraft Fees
- Reporting Elder Financial Abuse
- Reverse Mortgages
- Savings Accounts
- Shopping For Insurance
- Small Business Banking Services
- Small Business Financial Statements
- Sustainable Investing
- Taxes: The Basics
- Understanding Your Student Loan
- Wealth Transfer
- When To Collect Social Security