Equip your employees with the knowledge to identify and avoid insider training.
Understanding bias in the workplace is the first step to managing it. Biases can affect our actions, which can have real impacts on people. If left unchecked, biases can create unhealthy work environments that reinforce unjust practices. This course defines bias, describes how it affects the workplace, and encourages employees to use that knowledge to reduce the negative effects of bias.
This course was newly refreshed as part of the 2021 Employee Library Refresh. Learn what’s new below:
- Explain how biases can lead to unfair treatment
- Define explicit and implicit bias
- Identify multiple types of bias
- Identify where and how bias occurs in everyday workplace decisions and attitudes
- Explain the negative effects of bias on the individual, the organization, and on society at large
- Reinforce the responsibility each individual has in correcting bias in the workplace
- Explain multiple strategies for intervention on an individual and organizational level
- Acknowledge common barriers to progress and how to address them
This module introduces the topic of managing bias by presenting examples of microaggressions people have experienced in different real-life scenarios. It then defines bias and presents the learner with multiple types of bias and how to recognize them. It contains two custom pages.
- 1 Customizable Content Page
- 1 Custom Video Page
In this module, the learner explores negative effects of bias on multiple parties. Then, through an interactive scenario, they practice identifying bias and analyzing its impact on the individual. They dive deeper into ways bias can manifest in different areas of the workplace and review the legal implications of bias in the workplace. Finally, they review their ethical duty to contribute correcting bias in the workplace.
This module concludes the course by reminding the learner of their personal responsibility in correcting bias in the workplace. With strategies to intervene on both a personal and organizational level, they prepare the learner with specific tools to ensure they are able to contribute to a better work environment, while also acknowledging the very real barriers to progress individuals or organizations may experience. With these strategies, the learner is equipped to intervene appropriately and effectively. Through multiple interactive scenarios, they are able to apply these strategies and practice intervention. This module contains a custom policy page.
- 1 Custom Policy
Course Materials and Tools
For Higher Education Institutions
For Companies and Organizations