Whether this is your first EVERFI course launch or you are a long-time EVERFI partner looking for a refresh, we know you’re excited to get started and launch courses to your employee populations. Before getting started it’s important to develop a well thought out training and launch plan. The videos and resources below will help you better understand how to put together a successful launch plan and allow you to gather the necessary information for a successful course launch.
To prepare to launch your courses you should:
- Identify a population
- Determine content
- Create a communications plan
- Develop a timeline
Training Plan Overview:
Before launching a course it’s important to decide who you want to launch to a specific course to. Populations can include:
- New Employees
- Returning Employees
- Specific Departments
The video below will help you better understand what populations you should be considering.
Once you have your populations, review your contract to determine what courses you have access to and consider the content your populations should receive.
Because many states have different requirements for training, EVERFI has created different versions of some courses to address the compliance needs. For example, if you are training on harassment prevention you would need to utilize:
- Preventing Harassment and Discrimination: Supervisors
- Preventing Harassment and Discrimination: Non-Supervisors
- Preventing Harassment and Discrimination Extended Version (for CT based employees
- Preventing Harassment and Discrimination with Title IX/Clery (For higher education institutions only)
You can review the course options within your account or in the catalog for course details such as length and topics covered.
It is important to promote the courses and training plan to not only your employees, but also to other stakeholders as well. A clear communication strategy can increase participation and set expectations across your organization.
- Start by defining your goals and identifying your audience segments. What are you ultimately trying to accomplish with these trainings? How will you measure whether or not this program is a success? These goals you set may be different for new hires going through onboarding and for returning employees who need to take annual training. Either way, it is important to define what you want to accomplish.
- Develop your messaging. Depending on the goals, make sure the communication you plan to send will resonate with your audience segments. Make next steps and any calls-to-action clear and explicit so your learners know what you are asking them to do. Lastly, convey any due dates and/or repercussions if learners do not complete their assignments on time.
- What are your channels? Use the format and channel that your learners are on most to send your messages whether it is via email, posted reminders on your HRIS, or in-person.
- Write down your plan and put it into action. You’re ready to go and launch your courses!
Browse our Communications Playbook for all these great tips and sample emails and templates that you can start using today.
The final piece to the puzzle is timeline. It is important to consider all prevention education and training done at your organization when integrating the EVERFI courses. The videos below provide guidance on best practices to determine the best timeline for your organization.