Picking a Course to Customize
Adding custom questions to one of your courses is a good way to learn about your learners. You can add/remove questions as well as enable/disable the custom survey sections. Note that enabling & disabling back-and-forth can cause issues when trying to tell a data story.
- Login to Foundry.
- Go to a course in the Content Library
- Click Configure
- Click the Surveys tab
- For some, this page will be empty – this means you do not currently subscribe to any courses that included customizable surveys. Reach out to your customer support representative to learn more.
- For everyone else, you will see surveys listed in a table and which course to which it relates. Click Configure to add questions to a survey.
Custom Questions and Enabling Your Survey
- After choosing a course and selecting to edit, you will notice a few things on the new page:
- A Publish Survey button to enable or disable your custom surveys section.
- Two tabs: “Questions” and “Preview”.
- A button to add your custom section.
- The Publish Survey Button
- This is your publishing tool – once you have your questions and answer options in a form you are happy with, you can enable to custom survey section. All new assignments of that course will contain your new questions.
- If you choose to Unpublish the custom questions, all new assignments will no longer contain those custom questions, but users who were assigned previously will still see those questions.
- The Tabs
- The “Questions” tab is where you will create and manage your custom questions. Once they are in a state you are happy with, you can use the “Preview” tab to see how they will look to your learners.
- Using the “Preview” tab, you can review how your questions will look for your learners. It will not, however, let you preview the rest of the survey – only your custom section.
- Adding Custom Questions
- Adding custom questions can help you tell a data story.
- Start by selecting ”Add New Section” on the “Questions” tab.
- You will be prompted to give your section a name and description. A section, for the learner, is a page – so this name and description will act as the page title and instructions for your learners. You are only allowed a single section for your custom questions.
- Once your section is created, you can add questions. You can choose from multiple choice questions, open ended text questions, likerts, or even questions that require inputting numbers and decimals.
- Once all of your questions and answer options have been configured, you can order your questions, use the preview to make sure it is ready to go live.
- Once ready, use the Publish button to “enable” your custom survey section.
- You can always come back to Unpublish when you want to make changes, before republishing.