- EVERFI generates one or more SCORM dispatch packages personalized for your own organization and will send them to you. A separate package will be made for each distinct combination of:
- Organization ID (ID of the org)
- Content ID (ID of the course)
- Package ID (ID of the package, used for mapping users to content)
- Training Cycle Date Refresh (see the Re-Assigning Content Section)
- Geolocation (Location of learner taking the course)
- SCORM version: either 1.2 or 2004 3rd edition
- Role (Role of learner taking the course, ex: Supervisor or Non-Supervisor)
- You import the SCORM package into LMS/HRIS
- See the section below on guidance to test your content packages
Course Configuration in LMS
- All course configurations are done in Foundry per course. This includes adding your organization’s policies, resources, and other configuration options the course allows.
- Creating assignments and launching courses is all done in your LMS/HRIS which is where your learners will go to access their trainings.
- You do not need to upload any users into Foundry.
- Progress and completion data should primarily be be managed from your LMS/HRIS, but the data is also recorded in Foundry as a back-up.
Since your LMS/HRIS is managing administrative matters such as users and assignments, EVERFI does not take on this role. You do not need to upload users or learners into Foundry and you don’t need to create single sign-on. When a learner views an EVERFI course, per the SCORM protocol, the LMS/HRIS will automatically provide to Foundry the student ID of the LMS/HRIS user. Foundry will create a “lightweight” user record in Foundry to represent this user and keep track of progress and related data.
The user data stored in Foundry is LMS/HRIS student/employee ID, first name, last name, and organization’s address. The student/employee ID is the primary identifier of your LMS/HRIS user. It could be an email address, a user-name, or an ID, depending on your LMS/HRIS and configuration. Technically, in the SCORM data model, it’s the value of cmi.core.student_id in the LMS/HRIS. In Foundry, this value gets saved into the user’s SSO ID field. The learner’s email address is not saved in Foundry, unless the student ID is an actual email address.
If the same user returns multiple times, then Foundry will be able to match the user based on the LMS/HRIS student/employee ID and let them resume the learning activity where they left off.
- Learners will go to your LMS/HRIS and to launch and access their EVERFI assignments. The launch will be on your URL.
- The course content window receives the course pages, images etc. from the EVERFI content server
- Course progress events first are logged to EVERFI (complete, incomplete, progress, exit)
- Once the EVERFI content server receives course progress events, the customer-hosted LMS/HRIS is sent the event using the SCORM API. This way, the external LMS/HRIS will have the same course progress status as EVERFI LM
- See the section below for details on the learner experience for re-assigned content