Through the Foundry API, you can manage users (add, update, deactivate and re-activate), locations, categories and labels, and retrieve users’ learning progress and program activity.
API Documentation and Postman Collection
The EverFi API Postman Collection contains templates, detailed documentation and sample requests
To download this collection so you can run it locally in your Postman desktop app, do the following steps. Note that these instructions are accurate as of November 2020, but Postman may change these in the future. If you notice mistakes, please contact us.
- Open your Postman desktop app
- In Postman, select the Workspace into which you want to add the EVERFI API Collection
- In your browser, navigate to the EverFi API Postman Collection (link above)
- Click the Run in Postman link on the upper right
- In the Run in… window that opens, choose the Postman for Mac or Postman for Windows link as appropriate
- The Collection will be downloaded into the open Workspace, so go to your Postman app and you should see the newly imported Collection
Using the API
Best practices for using the Foundry API
- Guidelines for syncing users
- Managing Custom Categories And Labels In The Foundry API
- Managing response error 429 “Too Many Requests”
If you are connecting Workday Studio to the Foundry API, download this CLAR file developed by an EVERFI partner for pointers. This is a starter template, not a complete solution, that illustrates authentication, token management, and a simple GET request. You will need to implement your own logic specific to your organization and your needs.
A: First, in the Foundry customer admin portal, create an automated assignment or review the automated assignments you have in place. An automated assignment takes users who meet a certain set of criteria and assigns them specific courses. Take note of the user filters that place users into that assignment. One common filter is custom categories or a location.
Next, when you add or update users, set the custom category and/or location properties that make the users get picked up in the automated assignment.
With automated assignments, all you need to do in the API is make sure users have the right properties, and the automated assignment does the rest of the work. Your API integration doesn’t need to figure out which course is which and make the actual assignments to learners.