What is Single Sign-On (SSO)?
Single Sign-On (SSO) is a login method that allows you to access multiple internet applications through one password protected website. This means you can quickly and securely access different applications (such as EVERFI) without having to remember a separate username/password. Need a primer on SSO jargon? Check out our SAML Glossary.
Why it Matters
SSO is not required for schools and organizations, but is an option many choose to use because it allows users to use the same username/password for their EVERFI courses as they do for their school or organization’s portal.
How you will use Single Sign-On (SSO)
You will use SSO to log in to your EVERFI course(s). If you are using SSO your login URL for EVERFI courses will vary depending on your organization or school district. Note: If you are not using SSO your login URL will include “fifoundry.net” in the URL.
SAML System Requirements
In order to implement SAML Single Sign-On, read our SAML Single Sign-On System Requirements.
Before you can use SSO as your login method on Foundry, SSO must first be set up for your school or organization; check with your customer success manager to turn on SSO. The steps to implement SSO are outlined below. Click on the headings for more details.
- Introduction to SSO in Foundry
- A basic overview
- Identity Provider Setup – Checklist
- The checklist of items you need before configuring your Identity Provider (IdP)
- Identity Provider Setup – Steps
- The steps to configuring your Identity Provider (IdP)
- Validating your SSO Setup
- Test cases to verify the SSO and SLO setup between Foundry and your Identity Provider is correct
- Common troubleshooting cases and their solutions
- Foundry SSO with SAML Tracer – guide to recording a log of SAML messages during SSO and SLO, for diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Common questions and their answers
- SAML NameID and EVERFI SSO ID
- See User Registration in Single Sign-On for details on how you can create new users during SSO
- Single Logout
- How to configure SAML Single Logout
- EVERFI X.509 Certification Rotation
- In Depth topic: Instructions on how to set up the public certificate
Identity Provider Setup Guide
If you operate one of the following identity providers, see the guide for tips on configuring EVERFI as a service provider in your identity provider.
- Google’s G Suite can operate as a SAML 2.0 identity provider with Foundry as a service provider as described at Set up your own custom SAML application | Google.
- Microsoft AD FS SAML Single Sign-On Integration to EVERFI Foundry
- Microsoft Azure SAML SSO to EVERFI Foundry
- Okta SAML Single Sign-On Integration to EVERFI Foundry
- OneLogin SAML Single Sign-On Integration to EVERFI Foundry